Effective: January 2018
This Birdie Care Services Privacy Notice tells You what information We collect, what We do with it, and how We keep Your data protected and private with the Birdie App (the “App”). By using the App, You consent to Birdie Care Services (“Birdie”, “We”, “Us,” “Our”) using Your data as described in this Notice.
Data We Collect on App Users
We will collect information including Your name, phone number, email address, country, relationship to the care recipient and password to register You for a Birdie Account.
Mobile Device Data
When You use a Birdie App, We record certain information about Your mobile device. This may include information such as an equipment identifier (e.g., IMEI or UDID), subscriber identifier, mobile phone number, device name, type and manufacturer, operating system type and version, wireless carrier, network type, country of origin, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use this information to provide the most effective Birdie service in various locations, devices, connectivity, and situations. We also use this information in the aggregate to improve Our products and services
Log Data and Cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile phone if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We use session cookies which are cookies which expire once you close your web browser.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and enter into transactions.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We use Google Analytics cookies. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit this site. For more information on Google Analytics, please click here.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Third Party Services
If You choose to access third party Services through the App, You will be sharing information with those Services, and the information You share will be governed by their privacy policies and terms of service.
Data We Collect on the Care Recipient
The older adult that is the subject of the Birdie service (the “Care Recipient”) will have consented to their data being collected on the App in the sign-up process. If at any time You become aware that the Care Recipient no longer consents to their data being collected and processed, you must inform us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Birdie will collect the following data on the Care Recipient:
- Data on their health and wellbeing;
- Data included in the care plan, including sensitive personal data such as religious beliefs, racial origins etc; and
- Data on the Care Recipient’s movements and activity (if sensors, fall detection bracelets, or a camera are requested)
Birdie Care Services Limited will collect the data in the following ways:
- Through the input of clinicians, family members, carers, a care agency or other visitors through the App;
- From the Care Recipient’s care agency, in the form of the care plan;
- If requested, through movement and doors sensors installed in Your home;
- If requested, through a fall detection wristband; and
- If requested, through a camera (or cameras) installed in Your home
How We Use the Data we collect
The Data may be processed to provide you with the Birdie service You requested for one or more of the following purposes:
- Analysing on behalf of the Care Recipient’s care agency to identify trends that the care agency may use to adjust/improve the care recipient’s care;
- Operating the underlying technology to provide the Birdie Services;
- Enabling and optimizing the performance of the Birdie App;
- For customer support and to provide the services You requested;
- To help with account billing and for production operations and improvements, including real-time analysis of traffic;
- Product usage statistics;
- User device statistics;
- Product ratings provided by users;
- Software configuration, product details, installation status;
- Research and development, including improving Birdie’s products and services through data analytics;
- Sending You promotional information, only with your express permission, as required by applicable law;
- To contact you about your account, to provide information on changes the Services, or changes to our terms and conditions or this Privacy Notice.
- Any other purpose with Your consent; and/or
- Processing in an anonymized and/or aggregated form for statistical analysis of product deployment and usage, including analysis of trends and comparisons in our aggregated install base.
Sharing Your Data
If you use external service providers through Birdie, your data may be shared with these partners. We may also share the name, address and phone number of the Care Recipient to third party suppliers of equipment who may need to visit the Care Recipient’s home to install equipment.
In some cases, additional specific consents are noted. Specifically:
- Transportation: the Care Recipient’s personal information (name and phone number) may be shared with Uber B.V. and its affiliates (“Uber”) by Birdie for the performance of Uber’s Services. Information on the route, pickup and destination (including if these locations relate to the Care Recipient’s health condition) may be shared with Birdie by Uber for the performance of Uber’s Services.
- GP consultation: in the event of a GP consultation booked through the App, the Care Recipient’s medical information, such as wellbeing reports, concerned raised by caregivers or Birdie analytics might be shared with the doctor for the efficiency and quality of the consultation. The consultation notes may also be shared with Birdie Care Ltd. for a digital upload into the Birdie App.
We are a global organization and may transfer the data collected to other countries, including countries that may have less protective data protection laws than the country in which You are located. We will take steps to ensure the necessary level of protection is in place for these transfers. For the purposes described in this privacy statement, Your Information (i) may be stored and processed manually and/or electronically through global systems and tools; (ii) may be disclosed to vendors or third parties that process data on behalf of Birdie; (iii) may be disclosed in connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of Birdie in the event of a reorganization, merger, acquisition, or sale of our assets; (iv) may be disclosed and shared if we are required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities; and/or (v) may be disclosed as otherwise permitted by You.
Your Data is Necessary
Providing Your data is not mandatory, but it is necessary for the functionality of the App. If You do not agree to the collection of the data, Birdie will be unable to provide the Service to You. For example, We require Your mobile device type in order to be able to make sure that we can resolve any bugs that You notify us of. In addition, We use data from Your mobile device to innovate and develop better products and services for You. We anonymously aggregate information from users and then develop insights to better support Our customers.
Securing Your Data and Information
We have taken appropriate administrative, technical, organizational, and physical security and risk management measures in accordance with applicable laws to ensure Your Data is adequately protected against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access, use, and all other unlawful forms of processing of Your Data in our possession.
Your Right to Access and Change Your Data
Subject to applicable laws, you have the right to ask us to provide you with information regarding the Personal Information we process about you, to revise Your Data, or to delete your information, to withdraw your consent, or to remove you from any of our mailing lists.
We may retain certain Information if necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at email@example.com if You have any questions.
Changes to the Notice
We reserve the right to revise or modify this Privacy Notice and will note the date of its most recent revision above. If we make significant changes to this Privacy Notice, and where required by applicable law, we will either notify You either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending You a notification.